Position: Machine Operator – Gear Cutting
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Division / Location: Gear Division 3551 Bleams Road New Hamburg, ON
Shift: Seeking qualified candidates for afternoons and midnights
Afternoon Shift: 2:00PM – 10:30PM
Midnight Shift: 10:00PM – 6:30AM
Start Date: Immediately
Purpose: Setup and run production on a CNC gear cutting machines
• Set up and operate CNC gear cutting machines
• Knowledge of machining practices
• Knowledge of gear operations (Shaping and Hobbing)
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Measure and complete first off and in process inspections to maintain accuracy
• Any other duties as assigned.
Education required: OSSD
Other Education/Certification/Training: Certified General Machinist or Tool and Die, CNC program reading, GD&T
Physical Requirements: Manufacturing environment, physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
• Repetitive Motions
• Lifting up to 20 kg
• Use of lifting devices
Equipment: Leibherr, Koepfer, Lorenz and Tos, Klingenberg P40 and P65
Software: Siemens and machine specific software
Work Experience Requirements:
• Experience on a gear cutting machines and specific knowledge of accepted machining processes with respect to gear shaping and hobbing. Knowledge of gear nomenclature and gear analyzer charts (K charts).
• Critical thinking skills
• Independent troubleshooting skills
Interested candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.