Position: Machine Operator – Gear Grinding
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Division / Location: Gear Division 3551 Bleams Road New Hamburg, ON
Shift: Seeking qualified candidates for afternoons and midnights
Afternoon Shift: 2:00PM – 10:30PM
Midnight Shift: 10:00PM – 6:30AM
Start Date: Immediately
Purpose: Setup and run production on a CNC gear grinder
• Set up and operate CNC gear grinder
• Knowledge of gears, terminology and generally accepted grinding practices
• Be able to read complex programming
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Measure and complete First Off and in process inspections to maintain accuracy
• Able to machine and handle gears of high AGMA quality.
• Perform Nital Etch testing
• Any other duties as assigned
Education required: OSSD
Other Education/Certification/Training: Certified General Machinist or Tool and Die, CNC program reading, GD&T
Physical Requirements: Manufacturing environment, physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
• Repetitive Motions
• Lifting up to 20 kg
• Use of lifting devices
Equipment: Kapp, Studer,Hoefler, Klingelnberg
Software: Fanuc and/or Siemens controller
Work Experience Requirements:
• Experience on a grinder and specific knowledge of accepted machining processes with respect to grinding. Know how to handle finished gears.
• Critical thinking skills
• Independent troubleshooting skills
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.