Position: Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Technologist
Reports to: Senior Engineering Product Manager
Division / Location: Argo Engineering, 66 Hincks Street, New Hamburg, Ontario
Start Date: Immediately
Posting Date: November 3, 2017
Job Purpose: Take direction from the Senior Engineering Product Manager to assist in the development and implementation of engineering projects and various engineering work, ensuring consistency with company strategy, procedures, and goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
· Participate in continuous improvement of current product line
· Participate in cost reduction initiatives for components and fabrication processes
· Assist in the design of new product features and accessories
· Document and communicate engineering changes to other departments
· Support Production and Quality Assurance department requests
· Use Autodesk Inventor software to maintain high quality CAD data and Engineering Specifications for current products and future design prototypes
· Develop test & validation plans and assist in testing & validation of new product features
· Perform design failure mode effect analysis and present recommendations
· Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Candidates who do not possess these requirements at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge, and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma in mechanical engineering discipline
Work Experience Requirements: Minimum of three years of experience in a progressive, fast-paced manufacturing environment
· High computer proficiency
· Working knowledge of MS Office family of products
· Proficient in CAD Software (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
· Strong understanding of a variety of metal and composite material manufacturing processes including welding, forming, molding, casting, machining and forging
· Strong understanding of engineering and drafting principles
· Proficient in design for manufacture and high volume assembly techniques
· Leadership qualities and team oriented focus
· Ability to work harmoniously with peers, superiors, and cross functional teams
· Critical thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills
· Self-starter with good planning, time management, and organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communication in the English language
· Ability to adapt and work under pressure
· Ability to develop and achieve goals
· Imaginative, innovative, and willing to suggest new ideas
· Enthusiastic individual who takes pride in their work
· Integrity and Accountability
Physical Requirements: Office environment, limited physical demands.
Physical activities of the job include:
· Repetitive Motions
Working conditions: This position may require light travel. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.