Position: Production Manufacturing Engineer
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: VP of Operations
Division/Location: Plant 1 – Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: April 10th, 2018
Closing Date: April 17th, 2018
The Production Manufacturing Engineer will improve upon and develop new manufacturing processes in relation to the production of the Argo Vehicle.
• Analyze process flows within and across production lines and equipment to reduce material conversion costs and increase production efficiency
• Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
• Create and maintain an analytical process that justifies production and facility/equipment maintenance costs
• Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
• Complete special projects as assigned
• Apply LEAN manufacturing tools and principles to all industrial engineering activities
• Develop and manage performance metrics
• Change implementation champion
• Investigate new manufacturing and tooling methods
• Work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor of Engineering specializing in Manufacturing Engineering or related Engineering discipline
• P. Eng designation preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
• Experience in related manufacturing industry;
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge of automated machines/processes, machine tools;
• Computer based drafting, spreadsheet and database software applications;
• Communication, teamwork, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
• Autodesk Products – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault
• Microsoft Office
Integrity and Accountability
Motivation & Empowerment
Other Job Requirements:
• Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
• Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills needed to work with front-line workers on the production floor.
• Ability to write comprehensive entries into technical log books which are then used as reference documents.
• Ability to discuss daily production with plant operators and maintenance staff.
• The ability to lead and motivate others as either a team member or leader.
• Ability to evaluate the ability of current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations.
• Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
• Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• The ability and confidence to implement change.
Office environment, limited physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
• Repetitive Motions
This position requires minimal travelling. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should apply
directly to email@example.com
Committed to Employment Equity