Position: Warehouse Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: VP of Operations
Division / Location: ARGO Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: April 10th, 2018
Closing Date: April 17th, 2018
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for managing effective warehouse activities, materials and logistics ensuring the smooth and accurate inventory control of all materials within the facility.
• Coordinate all aspects of warehousing and third-party warehousing to achieve key business results.
• Ensure exceptional customer service and a solid customer relationship by achieving KPI’s and implementing processes to deliver quality solutions.
• Lead and direct warehouse team in their roles and responsibilities to meet facility objectives in the areas of shipping/receiving, employee engagement, training and development, safety, cost and customer service.
• Identify and/or solve operational issues by implementing continuous improvement and Lean initiatives
• Lead inventory counts and investigate variances
• Review daily shipping and receiving schedules and plans. Prioritize work schedules to meet customer and company delivery requirements.
• Ensure all customer orders are loaded properly and all paperwork is complete and accurate.
• Maintain records and utilize information to project warehouse status
• Ensure all material handling equipment is in working order and all preventative maintenance is done.
• Responsible for promoting a health and safety culture by taking proactive actions and eliminating safety risks
• Work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
• All other duties as assigned
• Completion of Post-Secondary education in logistics, warehousing or a related field, or the demonstrated equivalent with directly related work experience.
Work Experience Requirements:
• Five years supervisory experience in a warehousing environment.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Integrity and Accountability
• Motivation & Empowerment
• Developing Talent
• Building Alignment
• Driving Results
Other Job Requirements:
• Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
• Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management and
• Experience with Lean practices.
• Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation.
• Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
• Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and outside customers.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills.
Physical activities of the job include:
• Lifting to 20 kg
• Standing for long periods of time
• Repetitive Motions
There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.