Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Division/Location: Plant 1 – Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: April 10, 2018
Closing Date: April 17. 2018
Purpose: To weld metal components together required for the Argo vehicle.
• Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications;
• Adjust welding equipment and tooling according to blueprint specifications;
• Maintain all weld fixturing to ensure specified quality standards;
• Operate manual or semiautomatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc (SMAW), resistance welding;
• Operate manual or semiautomatic flame cutting equipment;
• Operate brazing and soldering equipment;
• Follow one piece flow criteria;
• Monitor and maintain two bin system – ensuring no part shortages occur;
• Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line;
• Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment;
• Use of hand or power tools such as grinders, hammers, drills;
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area;
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or experience equivalent
• CWB certification is an asset
• 2-4 years’ experience with MIG welding preferred
• Driving Results
• Attendance and Punctuality
Lifting up to 40 lbs regularly, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual activity, work cycle repeats.
There is a risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should apply
directly to email@example.com
Committed to Employment Equity