Position: Bill of Materials Technician – Engineering
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Engineering Product Manager
Division / Location: ARGO Division, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
The Bill of Materials (BOM) Technician is responsible for performing multi-level BOM entry, verification and estimating in the Engineering Department.
• Verify and maintain all part numbers, ensuring proper revision control, within the ERP system
• Create, verify, and maintain all Bills of Materials within the ERP system based on Engineering specifications
• Work with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering to determine the best structure and methods for
• Analyze the BOM’s to determine accuracy of data
• Create change notices based on Engineering specifications and documentation
• Lead change notice implementation meetings with the cross functional team
• Any other duties as assigned
• Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• APICS/CPIM designation
Work Experience Requirements:
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Good working knowledge of ERP Systems (Syspro preferred)
• Skilled in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
• Keen understanding of engineering documentation procedure/process
• Outstanding communication, negotiations, and presentation skills
• Ability to develop client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions
• Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities.
• Discretion required in safeguarding confidential matters and/or intellectual property
• Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Ability to work independently or with a cross-functional team
• Attention to detail, able to work efficiently and with accuracy while faced with interruptions
• High degree of integrity and accountability
Other Job Requirements:
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
• Familiarity with recreational vehicles an asset
Office environment, limited physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
• Repetitive Motions
There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.