Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Director of Materials
Division / Location: ARGO Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
The Buyer is responsible for identifying and procuring products required for the production of the Argo Vehicle. They will identify the external material needs of the business, source out suppliers, negotiate prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of the product.
• Identify, evaluate and contract with new suppliers and maintain relationships with existing suppliers for materials relative to production
• Continuously improve material costs, quality and supply chain reliability.
• Manage the daily Purchasing and Supply Chain requirements
• Review, develop and measure qualified suppliers
• Act on weekly demands for materials and maintain and issue orders
• Analyze current inventory and develop a reduction strategy
• Work with department supervisors to ensure production and non-production requirements are met
• Work with the Argo Engineering team to identify materials for new projects and prototypes
• Lead sourcing efforts for research and development lab
• Identify opportunities for improvement
• Work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary Graduate of a Supply Chain management program or equivalent
Work Experience Requirements:
• Excellent knowledge of MRP
• Excellent knowledge of Purchasing concepts
• Systematic and objective approach to problem-solving
• Experience sourcing within North America and overseas
• Excellent at New Part onload (sourcing, procurement, managing transition)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
• Excellent computer skills
• Skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Integrity and Accountability
• Attendance and Punctuality
• Motivation & Empowerment
• Building Alignment
• Driving Results
• Team Oriented
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
Other Job Requirements:
• Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
• Demonstrate experience in developing vendor/client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
• Great with time management, extremely organized
• Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Discretion and integrity are required in safeguarding confidential matters such as pricing, costing, customer business practices, product books, and corporate direction and policy.
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
• Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Physical activities of the job include:
Office/Stock room environment with a mix of physical demands
There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. This position requires minimal travel between assembly plants.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.