Position: Engineering Product Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Division/Location: New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: July 11th, 2018
Closing Date: July 18th, 2018
The Engineering Product Manager is responsible for managing all engineering related aspects of the Argo XTV products. This includes, but is not limited to, product development and improvement, accessory development and cost reduction projects while ensuring consistency with Company strategy, procedures and goals.
• Manage vehicle product definition and lead annual model implementation
• Participate in the Stage-Gate Process within a cross functional team to identify, qualify, and implement product developments
• Oversee all aspects of vehicle product development design following the New Product Development Process
• Coordinate and prioritize work of design specialists based on project schedules
• Work closely with other business units to identify areas of product improvements and direct these activities
• Conduct product cost studies to identify cost reduction opportunities and facilitate cross functional interaction in order to validate, prioritize, and enact cost reduction initiatives
• Work with Product Support to analyze warranty data and develop corrective actions as required.
• Support information requests, for technical information, from other business units
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
• Any other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma in mechanical engineering discipline
• Minimum 5 years product design experience in a manufacturing environment
• High computer proficiency
• Working knowledge of MS Office family of products
• Proficient in CAD software (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
• Integrity and Accountability
• Motivation & Empowerment
• Driving Results
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Decision Making
• Trust Worthy
Other Job Requirements:
• Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize activities effectively
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and direct team members towards successful completion of the initiative
• Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• The ability to lead and motivate others as either a team member or leader
• Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
• Strong business acumen including knowledge about how businesses work, industry trends, and strong competitive knowledge
• Self-starter, goal-oriented, and able to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should apply
directly to email@example.com
Committed to Employment Equity