Position: Paint Line Lead Hand
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Paint Department Supervisor
Division/Location: Plant 1 – Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
The Paint Line Lead Hand is responsible for leading, training, working with and overseeing production workers on the afternoon shift.
- Ensure all workers wear all required personal protective equipment
- Plan and assign work for team members
- Complete daily schedule and communicate with the Paint Department Supervisor
- Monitor output and process flow
- Troubleshoot process problems
- Train new employees on department procedures and processes
- Maintain automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment;
- Operate controls for ovens, alkaline and acid wash tanks and spray gun control unit;
- Operate overhead crane;
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment;
- Maintain chemical balance in tanks;
- Change chemicals, clean as required;
- Maintain correct inventory of powder;
- Read and interpret job orders;
- Comply with the OHSA regulations as well as company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
- Completion of Bond-Rite training course
Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous supervisor experience
- Previous powder coating experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Previous crane experience an asset
- Integrity and accountability
- Team player
- Good attendance and punctuality
Other Job Requirements:
- Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Ability to motivate teams
- Effectively meeting customer needs
- Positive, professional attitude with a customer-centric focus in dealing with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
Physical activities of the job include:
- Lifting to 20 kg
- Long periods of standing
- Repetitive Motions
There is exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should apply directly to email@example.com