Position: Paint Line Technician
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Paint Department Supervisor
Division / Location: ARGO Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON Shift: Afternoon
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: May 24th, 2019
Closing date: May 31st, 2019
The Paint Line Technician operates and maintains the powder coat spray booth equipment to apply paint to surfaces of various Argo vehicle parts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Maintain automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment;
- Operate controls for ovens, alkaline and acid wash tanks and spray gun control unit;
- Operate overhead crane;
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment;
- Maintain chemical balance in tanks;
- Change chemicals, clean as required;
- Maintain correct inventory of powder;
- Read and interpret job orders;
- Comply with the OHSA regulations as well as company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
- Completion of Bond-Rite training course
Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous powder coating experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Previous crane experience an asset
- Integrity and accountability
- Team player
- Good attendance and punctuality
Other Job Requirements:
- Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
- Great with time management, extremely organized
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Physical activities of the job include:
- Lifting to 20 kg
- Long periods of standing
- Repetitive Motions
There is exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.