Reports To: Inventory Control Manager
Location: New Hamburg, ON
Provides basic support function in the warehouse including computer data entry, shipping and receiving of goods, assemble and pack orders, load and unload trucks and count and/or weigh parts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Load/unload material goods within a warehouse setting
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup (pick, pack, label, ship) with a focus on accuracy and efficiency to meet departmental KPI’s
- Create shipping documents/mailing labels using various courier software programs
- Obtain shipping quotes as requested by the customer
- Utilize hand trucks, fork lifts, hoists and other handling equipment to safely move material from trucks to within the facility and from the facility to trucks
- Verify Packing slips with received goods (correct count, no damage, purchase orders)
- Coordinate delivery of goods to proper warehouse location maintaining an efficient flow of goods
- Receive goods into system (data entry) against PO for inventory controls and eventual payment.
- Regular cycle counting and inventory management duties
- Warehouse maintenance; keeping a clean and safe working environment
- Communication/collaboration with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Is required to work in compliance with the Health and Safety rules and regulations;
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
- Lift truck operation
Work Experience Requirements:
- Some warehouse or related experience an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Some Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience an asset
- Integrity and Accountability
- Motivation & Empowerment
- Developing Talent
- Building Alignment
- Critical thinking and Problem Solving
- Team building and Self-starter skills
Physical activities of the job include:
- Lifting to 20 kg
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive Motions
This position requires good physical condition due to bending, standing, pulling and pushing. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months