Position: Shipping Clerk
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Director of Customer Support
Division/Location: Plant 1 – Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Provides basic support function in warehouse including: picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, managing and organizing product in assigned locations, computer data entry, freight quotes and cycle counts.
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup (pick, pack, label, ship) with a focus on accuracy and efficiency to meet departmental KPI’s
• Create shipping documents/mailing labels using various courier software programs
• Obtain shipping quotes as requested by the customer
• Regular cycle counting and inventory management duties within P&A
• Stock data entry, labeling and location placement
• Operate fork lift and other plant machinery as required
• Load & unload trucks/containers as required
• Warehouse maintenance; keeping a clean and safe working environment
• Communication/collaboration with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
• Is required to work in compliance with the Health and Safety rules and regulations;
• All other duties as assigned.
• Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
• Lift truck operation
• Understanding of Microsoft Office and/or other computer software
Work Experience Requirements:
• Some warehouse or related experience an asset
• Microsoft Office
Other Job Requirements:
• Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
• Great with time management, extremely organized
• Identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw
conclusions; using appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and
safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
• Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Physical activities of the job include:
• Lifting to 20 kg
• Standing for long periods of time
• Repetitive Motions
This position requires good physical condition due to bending, standing, pulling and pushing. There is low risk of
exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for
extreme heat during summer months
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to Employment Equity