Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Fabrication Supervisor
Division / Location: ARGO Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON
Start Date: ASAP
To weld metal components together required for the Argo vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications;
- Adjust welding equipment and tooling according to blueprint specifications;
- Maintain all weld fixturing to ensure specified quality standards;
- Operate manual or semiautomatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc (SMAW), resistance welding;
- Operate manual or semiautomatic flame cutting equipment;
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment;
- Follow one piece flow criteria;
- Monitor and maintain two bin system – ensuring no part shortages occur;
- Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line;
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment;
- Use of hand or power tools such as grinders, hammers, drills;
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area;
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or experience equivalent
- CWB certification is an asset
- 2-4 years’ experience with MIG welding preferred
- Driving Results
- Attendance and Punctuality
Lifting up to 40 lbs regularly, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual activity, work cycle repeats.
There is exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.