Position: Electrical Engineer
Location: New Hamburg, Ontario
The Electrical Engineer provides electrical design, project management and electrical engineering expertise on Argo projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Designs and implements control systems, electrical systems, battery systems and integration in line with project budgets, schedules and customer requirements
- Lead the development of the Argo XTR battery systems
- Design and prototype wire harnesses
- Push technical boundaries as it relates to innovating the Argo XTR offerings.
- Performs test and validation of prototype systems prior to launching in production vehicles
- Develops production ready designs and supporting documentation
- Interact daily with clients and internal teams in the development and review of product specifications
- Work with department teams to ensure assembly of vehicles is to customer specifications and satisfaction, while meeting internal quality and efficiency goals.
- Work closely with Operations team on product launches to ensure flawless transition from design to build.
- Evaluate designs for cost, quality and manufacturability performance targets
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A University or College degree/diploma in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related field (or experience equivalent)
- Licensed P.Eng. member of Professional Engineers Ontario (Electrical Engineering) preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years of experience in a progressive, fast-paced manufacturing environment in a similar role
- High computer proficiency
- Proficient in CAD software (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- Proficiency in wire harness design software (Arcadia preferred)
- Working knowledge of MS Office family of products
- ERP Software (Syspro preferred)
- Leadership qualities and team-oriented focus
- Critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure
- Ability to develop and achieve goals
- Imaginative, innovative, and willing to suggest new ideas
- Integrity and Accountability
Other Job Requirements:
- Strong programming skills
- Knowledge of CAN, Ethernet, RS485, RS232 network communication protocols
- Experience with wire harness design, schematics and prototyping
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve system/equipment issues
- Extensive understanding of the battery industry, specifically keeping abreast of new developments in Lithium Ion technologies
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong business acumen including knowledge about how businesses work, industry trends and strong competitive knowledge
- Solid product and project management and technical skills
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Discretion and integrity are required in safeguarding confidential matters such as pricing, costing, customer business practices, product books, and corporate direction and policy.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
Office environment, limited physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
- Repetitive Motions
This position may require some travel. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.