Position: Production Manufacturing Engineer
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: VP Operations – Argo XTV
Division / Location: Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court New Hamburg, Ontario
Start Date: ASAP
The Production Manufacturing Engineer will improve upon and develop new manufacturing processes in relation to the production of the Argo Vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Analyze process flows within and across production lines and equipment to reduce material conversion costs and increase production efficiency
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, implementing process controls, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing methods.
- Create and maintain an analytical process that justifies production and facility/equipment maintenance costs
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Coordinate the purchase, delivery, installation and commissioning of new equipment as required by production requirements.
- Apply LEAN manufacturing tools and principles to all manufacturing engineering activities including time, movement, ergonomic studies etc.
- Develop and manage performance metrics
- Change implementation champion
- Investigate new manufacturing and tooling methods
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Engineering specializing in Manufacturing Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- P. Eng/EIT designation preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum three years’ experience in manufacturing industry;
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of automated machines/processes, machine tools;
- Computer based drafting, spreadsheet and database software applications;
- Communication, teamwork, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Autodesk Products – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault
- Microsoft Office
Integrity and Accountability
Motivation & Empowerment
Other Job Requirements:
- Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
- Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills needed to work with front-line workers on the production floor.
- Ability to write comprehensive entries into technical log books which are then used as reference documents.
- Ability to discuss daily production with plant operators and maintenance staff.
- The ability to lead and motivate others as either a team member or leader.
- Ability to evaluate the ability of current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- The ability and confidence to implement change.
Office and production floor environments, limited physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
- Repetitive Motions
This position requires minimal travelling. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.